On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 5:02 PM, ron minnich wrote: > On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 4:36 PM, David Leimbach wrote: > > > So is there any traction to use the new platform, or is it mostly just > > people running their familiar apps and writing new apps for their > familiar > > programming environment? > > There are always users who are adventurous. I'm counting on it. First > we have to show "no penalty". Then, I hope to be able to say: "hey, > here's a nifty feature" and get them hooked. > > I don't think that second step will be hard. The work is in the first > step. The great thing about BG/L and /P is that they got people out of > the mindset that "everything is a Linux". Once you cross that Rubicon > life gets much easier. > Does Plan 9 Port help? I mean, libthread on Plan 9 Port alone could be worth a ton to me in some situations. Concurrent programming for the win? > > > ron > >