On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 2:09 PM, erik quanstrom wrote: > > reading slashdot is almost never worth the bandwidth or the time of your > > life spent looking at it. > > if you are looking for technical information, you're > correct. it's not useful. > > if however, you're interested in what people think, > slashdot is a good barometer. > > - erik > > My mileage on that has varied as well :-). Most people I know couldn't give a rats ass about what slashdotters think, and no one I work for or with even looks at that site. Dave