On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Skip Tavakkolian <9nut@9netics.com> wrote: > /sys/doc/auth.ps is much more interesting. Sure, I was reading plan 9 papers in general today... that's likely a good read :-) > > > my analogy is that YOU are factotum and your assistant is the program > that you (factotum) will authenticate to the remote system to act on > your behalf. Interesting. > > > > Factotum is some guy in the room that, even though you have the phone, > you > > keep asking what to say next on the line to get authentication to happen. > > > > Is this a bad analogy? > > Factotum is available on the client side during authentication via a > library > > we can use to talk to it. When we get an "afd" we basically write and > read > > from it asking our local factotum what to say next? > > Is this where the proxying happens? If so I think I get it... otherwise > no > > :-) > > > > Dave > > >