On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 10:28 AM, erik quanstrom wrote: > > as a starting point, i'd envisaged simply changing the existing > > system calls to do sequences. > > > [...] > > > > Sequence: adt { > > queue: fn(seq: self ref Sequence, m: Tmsg, tag: any); > > wait: fn(seq: self ref Sequence): (any, Tmsg, Rmsg); > > cont: fn(seq: self ref Sequence); > > flush: fn(seq: self ref Sequence); > > } > > this is significantly more complicated than syscalls. > > - erik > Are we doing all of this to defeat the conveniences we get from the statefulness of 9p? Would a stateless 9p-like protocol be better (no walks)? Is a stateless 9p really HTTP? :-) If those are all yeses, are we re-inventing the wheel? Or does 9p or some derivative really have to get used everywhere? :-) I mean if we figure this out, great, but if not, I think we're still ok, just can't use 9p right? :-)