On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 5:31 PM, ron minnich wrote: > On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 5:28 PM, Anant Narayanan wrote: > > On 24-May-09, at 2:17 AM, ron minnich wrote: > >> > >> On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 4:59 PM, J.R. Mauro wrote: > >>> > >>> There are plenty of mirrors, I'm pretty sure the "sources is down > >>> AGAIN" comments could be mitigated by people improving their 9fs > >>> scripts. > >> > >> would be interesting to have a server that provided reliability by > >> using whatever mirrors are out there and falling over transparently as > >> things failed. > > > > This approach relies on said server being up all the time. Much easier to > > fix client-side 9fs scripts :) > > Sorry, by "server" I did not mean "a server machine" I meant "a 9p > server program which you could run" > How would one know one wasn't getting old data? I've not really looked into replica much though honestly to know how it works, I've just followed the wiki about "staying up to date". Perhaps the wiki could be mirrored as well, and we could get a distributed update script? Perhaps this is an area of improvement for Plan 9 in general. > > ron > >