* plan9port OS X window labels
@ 2009-06-17  5:16 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2009-06-17  5:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I fixed a bug in plan9port's OS X window
label handling the other day, so that 9term
windows will update their labels properly

Unfortunately it seems that the label update
must be done inside the application event loop,
but it originates outside the event loop.
For now I have made the event loop check for
updates and apply them, so the label changes
at the next keystroke or mouse event.
The obvious solution is to generate a fake event
that is either a no-op of an existing message
or that the event loop can recognize and discard,
just so that the event loop notices the window
label has changed.  However, I could not get this
to work.  Perhaps there are Carbon experts here
who will have better luck.

http://hg.pdos.csail.mit.edu/hg/plan9/rev/12502ec69b95

Thanks.
Russ

* Re: [9fans] plan9port OS X window labels
@ 2009-06-17  5:24 ` Jeff Sickel
From: Jeff Sickel @ 2009-06-17  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Jun 17, 2009, at 12:16 AM, Russ Cox wrote:

> label has changed.  However, I could not get this
> to work.  Perhaps there are Carbon experts here
> who will have better luck.

I'm actually just in the process of getting rid of the Carbon code.  I
should have an update available in the next week or so.

-jas

* Re: [9fans] plan9port OS X window labels
@ 2009-06-17 15:41   ` David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2009-06-17 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 10:24 PM, Jeff Sickel <jas@corpus-callosum.com>wrote:

> On Jun 17, 2009, at 12:16 AM, Russ Cox wrote:
>
>  label has changed.  However, I could not get this
>> to work.  Perhaps there are Carbon experts here
>> who will have better luck.
>>

> I'm actually just in the process of getting rid of the Carbon code.  I
> should have an update available in the next week or so.
>
> -jas
>

> Do you mean a Cocoa version?  Or something else? :-)

* Re: plan9port OS X window labels
@ 2009-06-17 16:11 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2009-06-17 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> label has changed.  However, I could not get this
> to work.  Perhaps there are Carbon experts here
> who will have better luck.
>
> http://hg.pdos.csail.mit.edu/hg/plan9/rev/12502ec69b95

Fixed, thanks to André Günther.

Russ