On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Russ Cox wrote: > Arguing about mouse vs keyboard misses the point. > I'm very happy with acme's use of the mouse, but > acme's power comes from the rest of its design. > > Russ > > Even in Emacs, I use the mouse because pointing the insertion point or cursor or whatever to where I need to type next is *much* faster than many repetitions of a keypress a lot of the time. Sometimes I do only need to travel up or down one line at a time though, and then the mouse seems like a waste of time to grab, so I just ctrl-n or ctrl-p in Emacs to get there (yes I don't use arrows unless I have to, and no this didn't feel natural for a long time). I suspect there's no perfect editor interface available. All of them beat editing crap on my iPhone :-) Dave