On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 2:08 PM, J.R. Mauro wrote: > On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 2:36 PM, Anthony Sorace wrote: > > a few things: > > > > 1) note that when the web site is down, sources may still be up > > (someone in IRC made this mistake). i run an automated availability > > check of sources every 10 minutes and didn't see an outage. > > > > 2) Ethan, i'm not sure if you realize it or not, but your comment is > > entirely unhelpful and serves only to foster animosity all around. > > please stop. > > Seriously, we're lucky to have sources /at all/. Instead of > complaining, maybe the most concerned people should volunteer their > time to help maintain sources, or put up mirrors of their own. I for one am quite grateful for the sources machine. My guess is if we didn't have it, we'd have to create a grid based "contrib", and we'd probably have to have some kind of 9grid based registry to find everyone's contributions.