Steve, can you list the total configuration of this machine... motherboard model etc? This sounds a lot like what I was thinking of building for home. I also would like to try Erik's new ISO, but sadly, haven't had a lot of free time to do anything with it. (I already downloaded it) Dave On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Steve Simon wrote: > I have had loads of problems trying to build a new machine, > Erik has helpd way beyond the call of duty, and finally I > have a working machine. > > The problems where: > realteck rtl8169 GigE - erik's driver works a treat > An intermitant PSU - RMA'ed to supplier > SATA - Eriks new sd driver works nicely > A PATA DVDRW which devata ignores. > > So, all sorted but now I need an IDE (parallel) DVDRW > drive which does work. I was going to just buy a Plexstor > drive as being the reliable name but they seem to be silly money. > > anyone any suggestions? > > -Steve > >