On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 10:25 AM, erik quanstrom wrote: > > Now that I've had a chance to really examine the system, I'm noticing a > > rather high interrupt count (1584), and I'm not exactly sure how to > figure > > out what's triggering them. > > i set HZ=1000. so that accounts for 1000 of them. i've also modified > /dev/irqalloc to count up the interrupts, so you should get a rough idea > of which irqs are responsible. i say rough because chaned interrupts > can confuse the matter a bit. > > > I did not install venti. I just configured my ip address for DHCP, and > I've > > got aux/timesync running (I think that was suspect before for some > reason). > > Stats shows interrupts as a solid rectangle of activity all the time. > > i get that too from stats. it's just tuned to HZ=100. the reason for the > increase is so that millisecond sleeps can work a bit better. on all the > systems i use, the overhead is not worth worring about. > Ah, I see so these are just normal interrupts of a healthy beating heart of a system. :-) I was a little concerned I had configured something incorrectly. Thanks for the explanation. > > - erik > >