On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 11:58 AM, erik quanstrom wrote: > > Apple's using it all over the place in Snow Leopard, in all their native > > apps to write cleaner, less manual-lock code. At least, that's the claim > > :-). > > could someone explain this to me? i'm just missing how > naming a block of code could change its locking properties. > > The explanation is in the manual I linked to earlier in this discussion. If you want to see examples there's two I can think of available for download. One is called DispatchLife the other is DispatchFractal. I've looked at DispatchLife, and there's no explicit locking of state for every cell being concurrently update in Conway's game of life. Dave > - erik > >