On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 8:14 AM, erik quanstrom wrote: > On Tue Sep 22 11:06:37 EDT 2009, leimy2k@gmail.com wrote: > > The argument is that if something is logically separable from a larger > > system, and independently testable, then once you've verified it is > correct, > > and that the "glue" is correct that is used to compose a larger system, > that > > you can more readily decide where to look for problem sources. > > > > This is actually the basis of pure functional programming. > > i thought that was called "unit testing", and i don't think > unit testing is the exclusive domain of functional programming > or microkernels. > > I never claimed exclusivity. I simply said "we've seen this before" and why it's good, in response to you're "this remains to be proven that isolation is a good thing". I gave examples. I don't understand why we're arguing and in agreement at the same time. I guess it's fun, but I've got better things to do right now that I've got to get back to :-) Peace! Dave > - erik > >