On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 11:19 AM, ron minnich wrote: > On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 6:23 AM, Sam Watkins wrote: > > > I tried to check out v9fs, but the compressed git repo without checkout > is over > > 300Mb. > > That's git for you. When you go to git it, you git ALL of it. Kind of > like deciding to download sources and getting the entire venti arena. > > ron > > Wouldn't Mercurial do the same? Darcs (a haskell source control system) let's you get a subset of all the history, and if a patch refers to a really old revision you don't have, will go get that and its dependencies. It's like a lazy-repository. At least I think that's how it works, or that's how it's been explained to me. Is there a way to git a partial repository or hg a partial repository? Dave