On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 10:30 AM, ron minnich wrote: > On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 9:34 AM, Sam Watkins wrote: > > > The "processors" (actually smaller processing units) would mostly be > configured > > at load time, much like an FPGA. Most units would execute a single > simple > > operation repeatedly on streams of data, they would not read instructions > and > > execute them sequentially like a normal CPU. > > > > The data would travel through the system step by step, it would mostly > not need > > to be stored in RAM. If some RAM was needed, it would be small amounts > on > > chip, at appropriate places in the pipeline. > > > > Some programs (not so much video encoding I think) do need a lot of RAM > for > > intermediate calculations, or IO for example to fetch stuff from a > database. > > Such systems can also be designed as networks of simple processing units > > connected by data streams / pipelines. > > I think we could connect them with hyperbarrier technology. Basically > we would use the Jeffreys tube, and exploit Bell's theorem and quantum > entanglement. Then we could blitz the snarf with the babble, tie it > all together with a blotz, and we're done. > > ron > > As Sir Robin said in the Holy Grail just before getting tossed off The Bridge of Death. "that's EASY!!"