On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Tim Newsham wrote: > Hi, >> >> I'm new to plan9 from user space. I've started using rc shell for >> scripts and, for daily use, I would like to solve a problem. >> >> I see that rc isn't built with readline or similar. So, do you use >> some alternative? Or do you think I can live without it? >> > > For scripting it shouldn't be an issue. For interactive use > it can be a pain if you are using a normal terminal environment. > In plan9 you'd usually run rc in a rio window or in acme where > the environment lets you edit and reuse commands from the scrollback. > > If you've already got plan9 from user space, try using rc with 9term, or inside an Acme "win" session. Plan 9 is very mouse driven and you should use a terminal window that lets you take advantage of that interactivity. Dave > Thanks, >> Maurício >> > > Tim Newsham | www.thenewsh.com/~newsham | thenewsh.blogspot.com