On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 6:34 AM, erik quanstrom wrote: > > I did look around and the only possible problems I could find were > > that maybe since I don't have Windows it was trying to look for the > > FAT file (I'm strictly an only Linux user) in which case I do not have > > VMWare and I'd be curious if there is a non-DOS ISO file that could > > run on a Linux only system. The only other explanations that seemed > > somewhat logical were that something went wrong in the pcirouting and > > I missed something in the PC requirements listed on site or the ISO > > file burned to my CD is faulty. > > > > Thoughts? > > i put a modified 9load on sources /n/sources/contrib/quanstro/9load > perhaps you would be able to download it and put it in your 9fat > partition with the distribution cd? > > if not or doesn't work, send the output of lspci off line. > the main problem is that the distribution cd is not recognizing > your pata/sata devices. > > - erik > > If you try Erik's 9atom ISO, you may have better luck. It'd be nice if the 9load changes he made were already rolled up into the standard ISO, but I guess they haven't made it yet? Also there's a project to boot plan 9 from plan 9 without 9load, but I've sort of lost track of where that is. I believe it was showing signs of great success though :-) Dave