On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 3:20 PM, David Leimbach wrote: > > > On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Steve Simon wrote: > >> > Also, for a while the Tokyo Inferno/Plan 9 User Group (tip9ug.jp) >> > ran a service where pretty much anybody could get an account on >> > a Plan 9 machine. They seem down now... if it's not temporary, >> > something like that could be a real service. >> >> I still use it from time to time, and though I agree its down at >> the moment but it has been reliable for many years now. >> >> -Steve >> >> > > I keep forgetting my password, and blowing away my keys locally, changing > my plan 9 machine. Net result is I never had to remember the password > thanks to the convenience of factotum and other parts of the system that > make it easy to avoid memorizing the password, but then I can't get back > into my stuff :-) > > I keep thinking one day I'll set up a public CPU server, I've got a good chunk of bandwidth available, just not a lot of time to maintain stuff. It'd be really cool if I could just do the CPU part, and someone else do the storage :-). Is there an Amazon S3 based 9P server? Just thinking out loud... Dave >