On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 2:24 AM, Gabriel Díaz wrote: > hello > > "How do I get my employer to need plan9?" > > Given the experiences posted by some of the plan9 inventors in other > thread, this seems to be an almost impossible task, unless you make your own > business or change you're employer for someone which already uses plan9. I > guess. > > It is a bit discouraging for a fan who has the hope to get his employer > need plan9 i think. I already gave up on this. > I think size of company matters too. We're a really small group where I work, and getting things done correctly is actually valued a bit more than the means by which it gets done. It's that mentality that let me throw off the shackles of Java for Erlang and Haskell for a lot of the code I'm responsible for. I might even try to push my luck soon and get permission to rewrite a small but really important chunk of code in Go if i can prove to myself, and then to others, that it's a good idea :-) Dave > > slds. > > gabi > > > > ----- Original Message ---- > From: Steve Simon > To: 9fans@9fans.net > Sent: Thu, March 18, 2010 9:04:56 AM > Subject: Re: [9fans] more little hardware > > > Honestly, I think it would loads of fun to do, but I probably wouldn't > use > > it myself once done, I don't have the free time to do it, and I don't > > know of a way to do it for work... > > The story of my (plan9) life... > > I should add that there is also lots of stuff I _would_ use > that I don't have time to write. > > my big question is "How do I get my employer to need plan9?" > > -Steve > >