On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 1:36 AM, Bela Valek wrote: > 2010/3/12 erik quanstrom : > >> How do other operating systems detect the available RAM? Could Plan 9 > >> use the same method? > > > > plan 9 uses the same methods for detecting ram > > everyone else does. perhaps we trust bios too much, > > but 8mb isn't impossible, either. > > > > try > > a *noe820scan=1 > > at the 9load menu prompt. > > > > - erik > > > > > > Hi, > > I tried it and didnt work, I got the same output. Maybe its time to > trust BIOS less... :( > I had this error on VMWare recently. The solution was to disable Venti and just use fossil. Venti is of questionable value when I'm already snapshotting my host's filesystem anyway. I think the real correct answer is to set Venti up with the correct parameters by hand before restarting. I didn't try that though. Dave > > Greetings: Bela > >