* [9fans] Snarf and Paste problem in acme
@ 2009-06-22 14:12 Manuel Franceschini
From: Manuel Franceschini @ 2009-06-22 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi all,

I've got a problem doing a simple Snarf followed by a Paste in acme. I
select the text using mouse button1, execute "Snarf" in the tag line
with button 2, left-click again in one of the acme windows and click
on "Paste" again with button 2. But no text is pasted. Also, a Paste
following a "Cut" does not work. I can execute commands by using
button 2, "Cut" always works and I can execute arbitrary non built-in
commands such as "ls" with button 2.

I run Plan 9 under VMWare Fusion on Mac OS X and do not have any other
major problems so far. Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers,
--
/Manuel

* Re: [9fans] Snarf and Paste problem in acme
@ 2009-06-22 15:23 ` Federico G. Benavento
From: Federico G. Benavento @ 2009-06-22 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

snarf in vmware doesn't work so well

comment this

#	if(! test -f /dev/snarf)
#		aux/stub /dev/snarf
#	bind /mnt/vmware/snarf /dev/snarf

in /rc/bin/aux/vmware

--
Federico G. Benavento

* Re: [9fans] Snarf and Paste problem in acme
@ 2009-06-22 16:20   ` Manuel Franceschini
From: Manuel Franceschini @ 2009-06-22 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Great. I commented it in /bin/aux/vmware and that fixed the problem.
Thanks a bunch!

/Manuel