* [9fans] Help getting Plan9 to recognize my mouse
@ 2004-06-01  8:11 Michael Hughes
From: Michael Hughes @ 2004-06-01  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have the typical Logitech LED Wheel Mouse. I plugged it into the PS2 port
with a USB-PS2 adapter.

The install process recognized the mouse pointer
and I successfully moved it around the screen to make sure it worked.

It seems the Plan9 itself doesn't recognize it.
Doesn't recognize it directly into the USB nor the PS2.

Are there hot keys to switch active windows (so to speak).

I see the chart at the top left corner with the LMISCE measures.

the glenda icon to its right whith the day, date, time above her
and "glenda" below her.

a table of sorts with

"Mail win Newcol Kill Putall Dump Exit"
"New Cut Paste" - New Cut Paste Snarf Sort Zerox Delcol - New Cut Paste Sna
/usr/glenda D - readme.acme Del Snarf | Look - /usr/glenda/- Del

then

a window saying

"Rio is the Plan 9 window system."
"To read more of htis window, the up and down arrows...

and at the very bottom

/usr/glenda/ Del Snarf Get | Look

-

sorry for all that if it's the typical initial Plan9 screen after a first
install
-
Am I out of luck if the mouse isn't recognize ?

Any help with the mouse problem would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Michael