* [9fans] ms problem
@ 2008-05-12 20:26 Pietro Gagliardi
From: Pietro Gagliardi @ 2008-05-12 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello. The just-updated ms macro set for troff has a problem: if you
use .P1 and .P2, you have an .IP followed by an .RE, which winds up
doing nothing, so the indent stays. Try it out.

	.PP
	The following...
	.P1
	abc()
	{
		def;
	}
	.P2
	\&...etc.

The ...etc. doesn't go back. I don't know how to fix this problem
other than to revert back to the previous ms.

- Pietro

* Re: [9fans] ms problem
@ 2008-05-13 20:20 ` Pietro Gagliardi
From: Pietro Gagliardi @ 2008-05-13 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I just found out that .RS and .RE no longer work - they too keep the
indent. Again, please revert to the older version.

On May 12, 2008, at 4:26 PM, Pietro Gagliardi wrote:

> Hello. The just-updated ms macro set for troff has a problem: if you
> use .P1 and .P2, you have an .IP followed by an .RE, which winds up
> doing nothing, so the indent stays. Try it out.
>
> 	.PP
> 	The following...
> 	.P1
> 	abc()
> 	{
> 		def;
> 	}
> 	.P2
> 	\&...etc.
>
> The ...etc. doesn't go back. I don't know how to fix this problem
> other than to revert back to the previous ms.
>
> - Pietro

* Re: [9fans] ms problem
@ 2008-05-13 20:56   ` Martin Neubauer
From: Martin Neubauer @ 2008-05-13 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

yesterday(1)

@ 2008-05-13 20:59     ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2008-05-13 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> yesterday(1)

yesterday(1) all my 9trouble seemed so vlong away ...

- erik

* Re: [9fans] ms problem
@ 2008-05-13 21:20       ` Pietro Gagliardi
From: Pietro Gagliardi @ 2008-05-13 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Everyone that uses .P1 has to do yesterday then.

On May 13, 2008, at 4:59 PM, erik quanstrom wrote:

>> yesterday(1)
>
> yesterday(1) all my 9trouble seemed so vlong away ...
>
> - erik

* Re: [9fans] ms problem
@ 2008-05-14 17:10   ` Sape Mullender
From: Sape Mullender @ 2008-05-14 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I just found out that .RS and .RE no longer work - they too keep the
> indent. Again, please revert to the older version.
>
> On May 12, 2008, at 4:26 PM, Pietro Gagliardi wrote:
>
>> Hello. The just-updated ms macro set for troff has a problem: if you
>> use .P1 and .P2, you have an .IP followed by an .RE, which winds up
>> doing nothing, so the indent stays. Try it out.
>>
>> 	.PP
>> 	The following...
>> 	.P1
>> 	abc()
>> 	{
>> 		def;
>> 	}
>> 	.P2
>> 	\&...etc.
>>
>> The ...etc. doesn't go back. I don't know how to fix this problem
>> other than to revert back to the previous ms.
>>
>> - Pietro

Sorry, I fixed another problem with .RS and .RE and messed up .P1/.P@
in the process.

I've updated /sys/lib/tmac/tmac.s on sources.

	Sape

* Re: [9fans] ms problem
@ 2008-05-16 19:38     ` Pietro Gagliardi
From: Pietro Gagliardi @ 2008-05-16 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

.P2 still doesn't work right. I'm going to send an update in a minute.