From: Adrian Tritschler <ajft@ajft.org>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [9fans] New Install
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:44:47 +1000	[thread overview]

Jason Gurtz wrote:
> Well, I finally acquired a new (to me) T21 thinkpad and am proud to
> report that R4 installed just fine from the iso image pulled today.
>
> kfs was a no go (something like /bin/disk/kfscmd not found) but fossil
> worked out just fine.  Now to get 1400x1050 going....

I'm runnig a T21 and it will only work at 1024x768, even in Windows
that's all it'll do.

Its using kfs on a 10G partition
> One thing the machine is lacking is any kind of wired ethernet.  I see
> that IBM shipped other configurations of the T21 with either an Intel or
> 3COM mini-pci combo card.  Is either of those supported?    Any other
> mini-pci ethernet cards known to work?

AFAICT, the Intel card was the only one supported initially, which
caused me some confusion when I tried to install on my T21 and couldn't
get the network to work.

Its all been working fine for months now.  Updates from sources, etc.

#l0: elnk3: 100Mbps port 0x1800 irq 11: 00010382E2C1

> I've got a proxim 802.11a/b/g pc card in there now but I'm sure there's
> no hope for that just yet.

SOrry, can't help you there, but if you need any config files from mine,
just ask.

plan9.ini contains:
[common]
bootfile=sdC0!fs!/396/9pcidks