I have long wanted to do this but on the one occasion I tried I got lost inside fossil. the problem is fossil expects venti to have a hierarchy of the form /active/ and /archive/ where as your venti does not, I guess it has just your home dir. it is easy to create the required placeholder in a new fossil attached to your fossil. what is missing is a fossil admin command to create a new directory but attach it to a given, existing venti score. if you could do this you could creat an empty fossil attached to your existing fossil and then populate your /archive/yyyy/mmdd/usr/yourname with each venti score you have from your old vac(1)s. have a look at the fossil create command. -Steve > On 17 Dec 2015, at 17:05, Ole-Hjalmar Kristensen wrote: > > I have a file server running Linux at home, with a normal ext3 file system and a plan9port venti. I use this venti for vac backup of both the ext3 file system and other Linux boxes. However, the 2 TB ext3 is running out of space, while the venti is roughly 50% full. I could just buy a bigger disk, of course, but the exit3 itself is mainly an archive (pictures, video, and many years of accumulated documents and software), so I consider switching to a fossil+venti file server instead. The fossil manual says "The score should have been generated by fossil rather than by vac, so that the appropriate snapshot metadata is present". Is there any way of coercing fossil to initialize itself properly from a score produced by vac? I could copy the files from ext3, but would likely run out of space in fossil, which I gather is a bad idea. I run a 9front cwfs auth/cpu/file server, but have no experience with fossil, so any help is welcome. > > > > >