* [9fans] Re: [Xen-devel] PikeOS (fwd)
@ 2005-02-24  3:42 Ronald G. Minnich
From: Ronald G. Minnich @ 2005-02-24  3:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Rob?

ron

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:27:29 +0000
From: Bin Ren <bin.ren@gmail.com>
To: Goetz Bock <bock@blacknet.de>, xen-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] PikeOS

Looks like quite similar to Jaluna: http://www.jaluna.com/

- Bin

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:56:40 +0100, Goetz Bock <bock@blacknet.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> according to the German IT news magazin c't the German company Sysgo has
> today presented a realtime capable operating system that allows you to
> partition existing hardware calles PikeOS. It's upposed to work on x86,
> PowerPC, ARM/XScale.
>
> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/56743 (German only)
>
> I did not (yet) have the time to read the web page, but according to the
> news article you can run a realtime OS and Linux simultanosely on the
> same hardware.
> And PikeOS is ready for certification for realtime/military use.
>
> http://www.pikeos.de/index.php?id=343&L=1
>
> Maybe anyone has heared of it, or finds this interesting.
>
> Looks like there the virtualisation of PC like hardware is realy gaining
> momentum.
> --
> /"\ Goetz Bock at blacknet dot de  --  secure mobile Linux everNETting
> \ /       (c) 2004 Creative Commons, Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 de
>  X   [ 1. Use descriptive subjects - 2. Edit a reply for brevity -  ]
> / \  [ 3. Reply to the list - 4. Read the archive *before* you post ]

Every act of creation is first of all an act of destruction.
- Pablo Picasso

* Re: [9fans] Re: [Xen-devel] PikeOS (fwd)
@ 2005-02-24  3:52 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2005-02-24  3:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Rob?
>
> ron

pikeos.de has a section in english:

	http://www.pikeos.de/index.php?id=338&L=1

certifiable microkernel sounds like a diagnose, (not to belittle any
of their efforts!)

andrey

* Re: [9fans] Re: [Xen-devel] PikeOS (fwd)
@ 2005-02-24 14:58   ` Ronald G. Minnich
From: Ronald G. Minnich @ 2005-02-24 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, andrey mirtchovski wrote:

> certifiable microkernel sounds like a diagnose, (not to belittle any of
> their efforts!)

no, there's an ISO standard for microkernels. It's 15,000 pages long.

OK, I stole the joke from one I heard used to make the rounds in
Moscos in Soviet days.

"Did you hear about the new Soviet microprocessor? It's the largest in
the world!"

ron

* Re: [9fans] Re: [Xen-devel] PikeOS (fwd)
@ 2005-02-24 20:26     ` Ali Mashtizadeh
From: Ali Mashtizadeh @ 2005-02-24 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs