* [9fans] Re: 9fans Digest, Vol 16, Issue 19
@ 2005-08-12 18:00 Unix
From: Unix @ 2005-08-12 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

 > found partition sdC0!cdboot; 47475+1440
 > Plan 9 Startup Menu:
 > pick 1 = Install Plan 9 from this CD
 >
 > Unknown boot device: sdD0!cdboot!9pcflop.gz
 > Boot devices: fd0
 > boot from: sdC0!cdboot!9pccd.gz

If you pick menu item 1 above, you have to use a kernel
named 9pcflop.gz here.  So try typing sdC0!cdboot!9pcflop.gz

Russ

Thanks Russ. I did that...and now I'm getting

kfs...version..time

init: starting /bin/rc
echo: write error: bad process or channel control request
command 20
data 808c6b28 limit 808c6d28 dlen 512 status 0 error 0
lba 0 -> 0, count 1 -> 1 (1)
0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0xE0 0x58
...that goes on for a while then it says
dossrv: serving #s/dos
mouseport is:...enter for ps/2
asks for for info and graphics and this time it seems to have worked
since I have a white screen with some colored lines and then
a black box on white screen looks like a kernel panic
command C9
data 80b33278 limit 80b33478 dlen 512 status 0 error 0
bmicx 09 bmisx 04 prdt 8008a000
pa 0x00B33278 count 80000200
atagenioretry: disabling dma
sdE0: retry dma 00000000 rwm 0010
command C4 and the whole things keeps repeating...

then it prepares the menu but still has part of the black error screen
on the white backgroun so you can't really see that much...

then it lists sdC0 as my dvd-rw
sdD1 as my Maxtor, the one I want to install on
then sdE0 as my first Seagate drive
after a whilte sdE1 as my other Seagate drive then asks me which one it
wants to partition..always with part of this black screen at about half
of the screen

Any idea what is causing this?

[parent not found: <20050812165555.4FD5018EAA@mail.cse.psu.edu>]