* [9fans] fork of a fork of Inferno that runs on Mac OS amd64
@ 2021-07-30 16:26 leimy2k via 9fans
From: leimy2k via 9fans @ 2021-07-30 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

https://github.com/Leimy/9ferno-leimy has the crawling phase of a port of Inferno that will run on modern Mac OS.

So far - no GUI as I wanted to just get it working to start, and I'm sharing it in case folks want to help out.

And I really mean that... I've done some things that I don't think are great, like renaming the panic function to avoid a name collision with some system headers.

I based the work from the OpenBSD amd64 emu port here: git://git.9front.org/plan9front/9ferno, and my intention is to get the changes cleaned up, get the GUI working (maybe port over the drawterm stuff from the 9front drawterm) etc.

If you try to use it now, just know that backspace/delete will exit the emu, and you'll want ctrl-h to backspace instead.

I did very minimal testing but ndb/dnsquery was working.

- Dave

* Re: [9fans] fork of a fork of Inferno that runs on Mac OS amd64
@ 2021-07-30 16:39 ` Joseph Stewart
From: Joseph Stewart @ 2021-07-30 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Good job friend. Thanks for doing this.

@ 2021-07-30 19:49   ` David Leimbach via 9fans
From: David Leimbach via 9fans @ 2021-07-30 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

No problem!

It seems acme does work ok, but it uses XQuartz.

It’s been so long since I’ve used inferno I’ve forgotten how to get started!

Dave