* [9fans] Debugging 9load problem
@ 2005-11-07 23:37 Adrian Tritschler
From: Adrian Tritschler @ 2005-11-07 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

For some time I've had to use an ancient version of 9load, since any
time I tried to place a more modern copy into my 9fat partition the
machine refused to boot.  I *think* that its because the plan9 partition
is 15G into the disk, but have no idea how to go about fixing things.

I've built a boot floppy and can boot happily from that to use either
kernel:

bootfile=sdC0!9fat!9pcfold
bootfile=sdC0!9fat!9pcf

I would much rather get a working 9fat partition with the new 9load
though.  (especially since the laptop rarely has a floppy drive attached).

The machine has a 15G Windows partition followed by 5G plan9, divided
into the standard 9fat, fossil, swap.  Booting is via the Windows XP
"boot.ini" menu, with an entry to C:\bootsect.p9

thanks,
	Adrian

Adrian Tritschler                          mailto:ajft@ajft.org
Latitude 38°S, Longitude 145°E, Altitude 50m,      Shoe size 44