Paul Hebble wrote: > /dev/tcp/host/port > If host is a valid hostname or Internet > address, and port is an integer port number > or service name, bash attempts to open a TCP > connection to the corresponding socket. > /dev/udp/host/port > If host is a valid hostname or Internet > address, and port is an integer port number > or service name, bash attempts to open a UDP > connection to the corresponding socket. And any other proposal for a listen? I think 'gawk' won't work fine as a listener, specially for binary files (I'd like not to uuencode/uudecode the transmission, although it went through my head). Thanks!