From: lucio@proxima.alt.za
To: 9fans@9fans.net
Subject: Re: [9fans] Is the go9p project still maintained?
Date: Sat,  6 Dec 2014 07:32:36 +0200	[thread overview]

> Even if there was a way to pass desired numeric UID to a 9p server,

You're glibly using a single concept, 9P, to describe two not entirely
compatible entities, the Unix and Plan 9 implementations.
Unfortunately, this confuses the issue and I, for one, can't
understand from your description, which is causing the problem or why.

Lucho already asks what use case demands the use of the .u protocol
(something I personally am not familiar with) and perhaps if you
explain the problem in more concrete terms, he'll be able to help you
sooner.  He is, after all, a major contributor to 9P <grin>.

I would like to understand the issue better, too.  go9p is something I
have been tempted to use, but I have not yet had the confidence to do
so.

Lucio.

This email has been scanned by the MxScan Email Security System.