* [9fans] links bugfix
@ 2004-06-11 15:36 andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2004-06-11 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

thanks to Heiko for noticing (and no thanks to me for taking so long
to fix) the problem 'links' was experiencing with down-arrow keys
since the big down-arrow change in Plan 9.

new source and a 386 binary available at:

	http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~mirtchov/p9/links/

note that this is the fixed font version.  the varfont one is just too
messy to fix.

andrey

* Re: [9fans] links bugfix
@ 2004-06-14  1:34 ` Kenji Okamoto
From: Kenji Okamoto @ 2004-06-14  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> note that this is the fixed font version.  the varfont one is just too
> messy to fix.

Does this mean it cannot be compiled in the new sources environment?
I haven't checked this yet, but I was able to compile it on a older source
trees of Fossil server, but failed on a newer en's file server source.   I haven't
checked what is the difference between two, because I had been having Fossil
server for a long time not used heavily...☺

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] links bugfix
@ 2004-06-14  3:43   ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2004-06-14  3:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>> note that this is the fixed font version.  the varfont one is just too
>> messy to fix.
>
> Does this mean it cannot be compiled in the new sources environment?
> I haven't checked this yet, but I was able to compile it on a older source
> trees of Fossil server, but failed on a newer en's file server source.   I haven't
> checked what is the difference between two, because I had been having Fossil
> server for a long time not used heavily...☺
>
> Kenji

it should be as simple as changing:

	case 0x80:
		*k = KBD_DOWN;
		break;

	/* within Unicode private-use space */

into:

	/* within Unicode private-use space */
	case 0xf800:
		*k = KBD_DOWN;
		break;

in 'plan9_translate_key()' in plan9.c...

andrey