Paweł Lasek wrote: > PC MBR-style partition are _very_ often not sorted. It's the usual > situation if you had some repartitioning without changing the whole > disk structure (For example, changed only part of the disk) using *nix > fdisk - it preserves old partion numbers in order not to screw OS > booting (with MBR partition table, it's quite sensible thing to > do....) Yes, I agree. That's my situation in most of my computers. I'll also add one thing... iirc, in the installation there was only one step for setting the "loader". I could not clearly understand whether it installed a bootstrap loader in the partition, or the MBR loader. I think in plan9 there are two diferent steps for that (prep & mbr), and iirc those are not separate steps in the installation. Maybe I'm wrong, but I won't reinstall soon to check it :) Thank you, Lluís