* [9fans] Disk problems with MSVPC2004
@ 2006-08-04  5:05 Mark Probert
From: Mark Probert @ 2006-08-04  5:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi ..

I am new to Plan 9 and having problems installing rel 4 under MS virtual
PC 2004 edition.

To be more correct, it installs fine.  Not a problem.  The GUI comes up
and everything is good, except for the slow disk access (I figure that
this is where the problem lies).  After install, I restart the VM and
login as 'glenda' and with errors:

   diskWriteRaw failed: date=Thu Jan 8 10:37:10 EST 1970
    part=3 addr=98dc: i/o error

(screwy date)

I guess there is something happening at the disk driver level.  I said
to use DMA and have created a virtual disk for the install.

Any thoughts?

--

-mark.

Mark Probert                 probertm at acm dot org

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-08-04  5:05 UTC | newest]