(guessing) I think you need a new "mount" and "9fs" which support the -n parameter (noauth). Maybe you installed using an old iso? I found the same problem when I installed plan9 the last days... I downloaded the newer 386 mount binary, and I could manually mount sources. Using /n/sources I copied the newer 9fs script, and I think then everything worked fine. I don't remember copying a new pull script or so. I'd like to read a few explanation about the introduction of noauth, and why it wasn't there before. I've not found it in the 9fans list archives. Maybe someone can clarify? Thanks in advance. 2006/4/6, Eric Smith : > > I'm sorry, I'm sure this is already very clearly documented somewhere. > I'm a newbie and having a little trouble getting started. > > I created a user and have the network up. > > When I try to do 'pull' I'm asked for authentication (user/password). > > When searching I've seen things like, "9p read factotum/ctl" -- just > assuming I'm supposed to type that in as written to read about how to > authenticate for 'pull' but it doesn't work -- neither for me nor glenda. > > Sorry to be asking such a rudimentary question, > Eric >