From: erik quanstrom <quanstro@coraid.com>
To: 9fans@9fans.net
Subject: Re: [9fans] control-F completion question
Date: Fri,  3 Oct 2008 13:32:41 -0400	[thread overview]

> Hello everybody!
>
> If I understand it right ^f (or an 'ins' key) are taken care of by rio and
> thus the success of completion is essentially dependent on the namespace rio
> is using. This namespace is created when rio is started, usually right after
> a computer start. When the namespaces of individual windows are changed, e.
> g. by binding some remote filesystems, ^f can't handle those new files
> (since the rio namespace stays intact). Even though I may understand the
> reason (i.e. what I have just said) I find it rather irritating, having
> maybe the whole space I work with out of reach of ^f. Is there any help with
> that? Couldn't it be somehow achieved that ^f worked 'better'? (Not saying
> rc should take care of it, it probably should not; but what about if it were
> somehow connected with the individual windows? -- I don't know, it may not
> be possible, just asking. Having to always write 'lc' is somewhat ...).
> Starting a bunch of several rios can help it. But is that a right way to
> go?
>
> Thanks for answers.
> Ruda

you can accomplish this simply by using the plumber which,
by convention, shares a namespace with rio.  suppose you
want insert to work with sources.  then plumbing the string
	Local 9fs sources
will allow insert to wor.  alternatively, one might wish
to import sources with an aan connection before starting
rio.  this works pretty well for me since most of the time
it's fairly easy to anticipate the stuff you're going to add
to the namespace.

- erik