From: W B Hacker <wbh@conducive.org>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Re: 9pfuse-mounted files don't "work" (Mac OS X on Power)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 05:25:56 +0800	[thread overview]

Colin DeVilbiss wrote:
> On 3/22/07, W B Hacker <wbh@conducive.org> wrote:
>> Is this installed on its own partition? And if so, how formatted?
>>
>> And if not, is the underlying fs the OS X default hfs/hfs+, or is it
>> FAT or UFS?
>
> The OS is backed by just one disk, formatted with the OS X default,
> but I'm not sure I see how that's relevant to the MacFUSE case...

I don't expect that it is (relevant..)

But as all my OS X is on BSD-style partitions and UFS-only, thought I might ask
before trying it out, just in case that was a known-unworkable combo.

As is the case with, for example, Virtual PC for Mac, despite it 'living' in
container files.

Won't be 'real soon', as I have native Plan9 Fossil/Venti with Inferno on a
Core-D 2.8 GHz right next to the PowerBook, and would rather sort that one first.

Thanks,

Bill