From: John Soros <sorosj@gmail.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] something evil happening when partitioning a hdd with the plan9 installer
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 18:06:15 +0200	[thread overview]

Okay, now plan9 is working on my laptop, here is how I did it:
I made a primary partition for plan9 in lunix, then I used fdisk to set the partition type to plan9
(this is the only partitioning program that know plan9 type partitions).

After this all went pretty easily, I installed the standard way from cdrom, I just didn't do any
partitioning as that was already done.

For the bootsetup step I selected plan9 way of booting, and at the question wether to install plan9
loader to the MBR I answered No.

Now I can boot plan9 on the primary partition #1 from grub like so:

title           Plan9 from outer space
root (hd0,0)
chainloader +1
boot

Thanks for all the replies, and all the suggestions.
Cheers to all plan9 users!
I there's any plan9 users in Hungary, I'd be very happy to meet them!
John