* [9fans] EPIA 5000 - NIC and VGA all good
@ 2007-06-01 12:54 matt
From: matt @ 2007-06-01 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9 >> Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

When I first bought my EPIA 5000 Mini-ITX board Plan 9 From Bell Labs
would install but only in text mode and the NIC needed the anyrhine
driver compiling in.

Some years later (last week) I decided to make it into a CPU/AUTH box
for serving http.

To my great delight not only was Ether supported out of the box (I
expected that) but now the graphics work, not only that but in 1024x768
mode to boot !

A big thank you to whoever managed that feat.

I didn't manage to get it to auth from the wiki instructions (bootes
can't write into /adm/keys.who I think was the error, I'll come back to
that later with a newer boot disk, mine was from march 2006!).

Just for the record, Plan 9 From Bell Labs is the best OS I have found
for preparing PDF documents from troff, invoices with ligatures is a
beauty :)

* Re: [9fans] EPIA 5000 - NIC and VGA all good
@ 2007-06-01 18:58 ` Federico Benavento
From: Federico Benavento @ 2007-06-01 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

hola maht,

> I didn't manage to get it to auth from the wiki instructions (bootes
> can't write into /adm/keys.who I think was the error, I'll come back to
> that later with a newer boot disk, mine was from march 2006!).

you shouldn't worry about that error, I'll guide you through the setup
processe after your trip to that small ass town ;)

--
Federico G. Benavento