First, thanks a lot for the advices and help; However, the theory to practice step seems to be a bit longer :) 1. about network: - following your advice, found plan9.ini - i managed to modify it with sam, ( for some strange reason, when I'm editing the file in ACME, the 'Put' option appears as soon as I modify the file - and that is expected; but after I select 'Put' and press button2- nothing happens.... Actually seems like commands within ACME toolsbar do not want to react to button2 (?) ). - no matter what I put inside, while booting Plan9 I can see the card was detected, elkn3 was used, and media was set to 10Base... (And the card is working fine after...) But the card is 100Base, and my intention was to set it to be 100BaseTX... The line I added at the end of the plan9.ini reads: ether0=type=elnk3 media=100BaseTX force100 fullduplex So, that configuration step is still won by Plan9 :) 2. I followed your advice on USB... ( By the way, the card I am trying to use - "Belkin Components/eTek Labs, Model #F54220" ). I put the lines you told me just above switch($services){... The idea was to see the mouse connected to USB operational... But I do not even see detection of USB card during start up... So, that configuration step is also won by Plan9 :) So, the current score is 2:0... But I still have a hope to win it one day. Thanks for your attention to this matter. Michael. On Feb 4, 2008 8:46 PM, Pietro Gagliardi wrote: > On Feb 4, 2008, at 8:44 PM, Pietro Gagliardi wrote: > > For USB, add this to the TOP of /usr/$user/lib/profile, above the switch > but below the other bind lines: > > bind -a '#U' /dev > usbd > > > Scratch that. There is a line in /usr/$user/lib/profile that reads > > switch($terminal){ > > Above that, add > > bind -a '#U' /dev > usbstart > > usbstart sets up everything, including USB-based audio and the mouse. > >