* [9fans] installation stuff
@ 2007-11-06 20:46 maht-9fans
From: maht-9fans @ 2007-11-06 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

What I have made time for is working out how the install CD is made,

My first attempt is in
/n/sources/contrib/maht/rc/mkiso
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sources/contrib/maht/rc/mkiso

This builds just the install part of the plan9.iso, i.e. the bit that
runs when you choose "Install from this CD"
I hadn't worked out how / where / why to build bzroot at that stage
which is why I added the real ramfs to the mix.
It also adds binding the aoe driver to termrc (which is why I did it).
I'd compiled my own 9pcflop.gz with aoe in it (though I didn't have a
bzroot at that point)
I'd been hampered with doing much more until yesterday when 9load worked
in qemu again, thanks for that :)
I've worked out how to build a full plan9.iso now so expect a few
variations on that theme.

I was doing an install over aoe in qemu which was slower than normal
qemu but I wouldn't take that as a benchmark just yet, I killed it when
I saw that the 9load was fixed.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-11-06 20:46 UTC | newest]