* [9fans] WYSE Winterm 9150SE graphical problem
@ 2008-06-30 17:57 David du Colombier
From: David du Colombier @ 2008-06-30 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

I have a WYSE Winterm 9150SE [1]. It is a terminal
running a AMD Geode GX processor, with 256MB of RAM.
It is meant to run Windows XP Embedded, wich is located
into a 256MB ROM, but it can also boot from network
via PXE.

Using PXE, I am successfully running a Plan 9 terminal
to my Plan 9 authserver. The text interface is running
fine. However, I cannot run the graphical interface.

When I try to launch aux/vga, the screen turn to blank
and displays "no input signal".

I tried dozens of modes, from 640x480 to 1280x1024, using
8-bit to 32-bit of colors, and no one seems to work.
I also tried CRT and LCD screens.

Windows XP Embedded is running fine using 1024x768x16.

I uploaded the result of 'aux/vga -p' [2] and
'pci -v' [3] on my WYSE, connected to my authserver.

How can I make the graphical interface working?

[1] http://www.wyse.com/products/winterm/9150SE/
[2] http://www.9grid.fr/misc/plan9/wyse_9150/auxvga-p
[3] http://www.9grid.fr/misc/plan9/wyse_9150/pci-v

Thank you.

--
David du Colombier

* Re: [9fans] WYSE Winterm 9150SE graphical problem
@ 2008-07-01 17:16 ` Dave Eckhardt
From: Dave Eckhardt @ 2008-07-01 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I tried dozens of modes, from 640x480 to 1280x1024, using
> 8-bit to 32-bit of colors, and no one seems to work.

Can you say more about what you are doing to try a given
configuration?

At first glance it doesn't seem like there is a native
Plan 9 driver for your graphics chip, so if the VESA
driver doesn't work you might pursue getting a data
sheet and seeing if it looks enough like some other
chip.

Dave Eckhardt

* Re: [9fans] WYSE Winterm 9150SE graphical problem
@ 2008-07-01 17:48   ` David du Colombier
From: David du Colombier @ 2008-07-01 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Can you say more about what you are doing to try a given
> configuration?

I tried xga, vesa, multisync and other modes.
The result is the same, my screen become blank
and displays "no input signal".

> At first glance it doesn't seem like there is a native
> Plan 9 driver for your graphics chip, so if the VESA
> driver doesn't work you might pursue getting a data
> sheet and seeing if it looks enough like some other
> chip.

I many cases, the graphical interface does not refuse
to start, like when the chip is not supported, but displays
a blank screen. I had never seen that before.

My chip does not seem to be supported by VESA driver.

What can I try to change in the VESA driver?

--

@ 2008-07-01 20:09     ` Dave Eckhardt
From: Dave Eckhardt @ 2008-07-01 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

>> Can you say more about what you are doing to try a given
>> configuration?

> I tried xga, vesa, multisync and other modes.

Can you say exactly what you mean by "tried xga" and
"tried vesa"?

Dave Eckhardt

* Re: [9fans] WYSE Winterm 9150SE graphical problem
@ 2008-07-02  4:44       ` David du Colombier
From: David du Colombier @ 2008-07-02  4:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Can you say exactly what you mean by "tried xga" and
> "tried vesa"?

I modified the lines "monitor=" and "vgasize=" in the
plan9.ini of the WYSE, located in /cfg/pxe/<MAC address>
on the authserver, then I rebooted the client.

I also tried to run aux/vga when the client was running.

--
David du Colombier