From: Fco.J.Ballesteros <nemo@plan9.escet.urjc.es>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] keyboard maps
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 19:24:27 +0100	[thread overview]

I've changed the processing of kbd maps in our local driver
to do all the kbdmap thing at user level (the code is in fact
inside the usb user-level kbd driver, that now also knows how
to work with a regular keyboard (i.e. a non-usb one)).

You'd need the sys/src/9/boot/boot.c, the sys/src/9/pc/kbd.c and
the sys/src/cmd/usb/hid/ files I've put in /n/sources/nemo.
We've been using it for a while and it seems to work fine.

Our boot(8) starts usbd and usb/usbhid. Usbhid services
the usb keyboard if it finds one, and the console keyboard
if it finds no usb kbd. In any case, it implements the maps and
the latin1 composition. Our kernel driver is servicing just a us
map.

BTW, we're no longer using what was known as the
`alternate keyboard driver' and therefore I removed it from
/n/sources/nemo. I sincerelly think that the new one can
service all of us well.

I've tried to put all the maps I had into the new program (usb/hid).
If any of you use it and have any problem with any map or any
other thing, let me know.

hth

PS: There are also manual pages updated under /n/sources/nemo