* [9fans] Fuse to 9p bridge?
@ 2007-01-12 18:49 Paul Lalonde
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Paul Lalonde @ 2007-01-12 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

* Re: [9fans] Fuse to 9p bridge?
@ 2007-01-12 19:02 ` David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2007-01-12 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I think Russ did a Fuse 9p implementation.  It should even work on FreeBSD.

Dave

On 1/12/07, Paul Lalonde <plalonde@telus.net> wrote:

* Re: [9fans] Fuse to 9p bridge?
@ 2007-01-12 19:06 ` Anthony Sorace
From: Anthony Sorace @ 2007-01-12 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

there is indeed: see $PLAN9/src/cmd/9pfuse. i think this just made my day.

* Re: [9fans] Fuse to 9p bridge?
@ 2007-01-12 19:20   ` David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2007-01-12 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 1/12/07, Anthony Sorace <anothy@gmail.com> wrote:
> there is indeed: see $PLAN9/src/cmd/9pfuse. i think this just made my day.

Yeah I'm pretty psyched about the whole thing :-)

* Re: [9fans] Fuse to 9p bridge?
@ 2007-01-12 19:33 ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2007-01-12 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Nice for you (grump), still wishing for Win-Fuse,
or even better Win-9p.

There is MS technology to do this (IFS) but, when I started
to look at it I got afraid, very afriad.

-Steve

* Re: [9fans] Fuse to 9p bridge?
@ 2007-01-12 19:38   ` Paul Lalonde
From: Paul Lalonde @ 2007-01-12 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

* Re: [9fans] Fuse to 9p bridge?
@ 2007-01-12 19:39   ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2007-01-12 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> there is indeed: see $PLAN9/src/cmd/9pfuse. i think this just made my day.

make sure to use the Genuine Russ version of 9pfuse (as noted above).
there is another package by the same name that is a toy.

* Re: [9fans] Fuse to 9p bridge?
@ 2007-01-12 20:09     ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2007-01-12 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> The real question is if we can get iPhone to replace Bitsy :-)

i was fantasizing about the same thing.

* Re: [9fans] Fuse to 9p bridge?
@ 2007-01-12 20:16     ` Anthony Sorace
From: Anthony Sorace @ 2007-01-12 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

looks like at least (hopefully only) minor changes will be needed to
9pfuse (and mount, but that's trivial). i'm looking into it now, but
if i don't get it in the next 45 minutes, i won't have another chance
to look at it until tuesday.

on first pass, it looks like just mountfuse() in 9pfuse/fuse.c.

* Re: [9fans] Fuse to 9p bridge?
@ 2007-01-18  3:00       ` Jeff Sickel
From: Jeff Sickel @ 2007-01-18  3:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I've got a basic version running for people who have the MacFUSE
fusefs.kext installed.  It's basically a reworking from the MacFUSE
mount_bsd.c calls to the mount_fusefs (only check is how OSX ends up

I'll send Russ the diffs since it also means that some of the rc
scripts for mount|unmount need to be modified... or I can just post
back to the list.

jas