Russ Cox wrote: > I am curious about the relative sizes of people's venti > servers, how much data they have stored, and how > quickly they are filling. > > Please run > > hget http://my-venti-url/storage >/tmp/v > hget http://my-venti-url/index >>/tmp/v > > mail -s 'venti survey' rsc@swtch.com > In a week or so I will post a summary. Russ, If it is of interest to you I've attached the logs of the ventis that I've run for the last year or two. In both cases they've been running on plan9ports, with arenas and indexes held in files in linux filesystems. The logs are from venti running on two linux systems: fafnir: venti used for "tinkering" and vbackup of some very small linux file systems nidhogg/w-cl28-g34-c: venti for a VMware guest plan9 cpu server, and vbackup of some linux systems. (The hostname changed I put the logging into my crontab ages ago with the intention of generating my own graphs but never got around to it. The logs were generated with a very simplistic hourly cron job containing: VENTILOG=$HOME/log/venti-$HOSTNAME.log $PLAN9/bin/date -n >> $VENTILOG $PLAN9/bin/hget http://localhost:1088/storage >> $VENTILOG > Thanks. > Russ Adrian