* [9fans] Equis - coming soon...
@ 2008-05-04 15:36 Federico G. Benavento
From: Federico G. Benavento @ 2008-05-04 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Equis is the name I chose for my X server/port or however they call it.
Basically, I ported tons of xlibs and wrote the DDX (Device Dependant X)
part of the X for Plan 9, it supports 32 bits, some extensions, etc.
And yes, it's a lot faster than vncv to a Xvnc under linuxemu.

http://www.tip9ug.jp/who/fgb/equis.jpg (native twm and xmessage)
http://www.tip9ug.jp/who/fgb/dwm.png (dillo under linuxemu + native dwm)
http://www.maht0x0r.net/Xglenda.gif (equis on Plan 9, thunderbird in some lunix)

there is catch, I'm not being able to get the keyboard stuff right, basically getting
the structs right, this is what I'm using http://www.tip9ug.jp/who/fgb/keymap.h ,
in case anyone wants to give me a hand, I'm possitive that I must be doing
something really stupid, but I don't know what yet.

As soon as I get this right I'll put it on sources.

Federico G. Benavento

---
/bin/fortune:
In addition to a yes and a no, the universe contains a maybe. -D. Finkelstein

* Re: [9fans] Equis - coming soon...
@ 2008-05-04 17:45 ` john
From: john @ 2008-05-04 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Equis is the name I chose for my X server/port or however they call it.
> Basically, I ported tons of xlibs and wrote the DDX (Device Dependant X)
> part of the X for Plan 9, it supports 32 bits, some extensions, etc.
> And yes, it's a lot faster than vncv to a Xvnc under linuxemu.
>
> http://www.tip9ug.jp/who/fgb/equis.jpg (native twm and xmessage)
> http://www.tip9ug.jp/who/fgb/dwm.png (dillo under linuxemu + native dwm)
> http://www.maht0x0r.net/Xglenda.gif (equis on Plan 9, thunderbird in some lunix)
>

> there is catch, I'm not being able to get the keyboard stuff right, basically getting
> the structs right, this is what I'm using http://www.tip9ug.jp/who/fgb/keymap.h ,
> in case anyone wants to give me a hand, I'm possitive that I must be doing
> something really stupid, but I don't know what yet.
>
> As soon as I get this right I'll put it on sources.
>
> Federico G. Benavento

Congratulations!  This is quite cool; I look forward to seeing a
contrib package for it :)

John

* Re: [9fans] Equis - coming soon...
@ 2008-05-04 19:56 ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2008-05-04 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Basically, I ported tons of xlibs and wrote the DDX (Device Dependant X)
> part of the X for Plan 9, it supports 32 bits, some extensions, etc.
> And yes, it's a lot faster than vncv to a Xvnc under linuxemu.

Kudos to Federico.

-Steve