From: a@9srv.net
To: 9fans@9fans.net
Subject: Re: [9fans] 9atom vs 9front
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 16:53:04 -0400	[thread overview]

// It would be tres cool if this information was getting
// mirrored in the Wiki.

I've been copying over some of the more concise and
complete reports, but yes: people with working setups
should add their experiences there.

For those who have not used the wiki, editing existing
pages is pretty easy. In Acme acme on Plan 9¹, run
	Local 9fs wiki
which will connect to the wiki and mount it at /mnt/wiki
within a running acme. Next, run
	Wiki
to launch the client, which will read the files in there
and give you a much nicer interface. On the main page
there, you can right-click on
	[Wiki index]
to get a list of all the pages on the wiki. Type in your
changes and execute "Put" in the tag when done.

For details, see the pages "Acme wiki instructions" and
"Wiki syntax"². Note in particular that the syntax is like a
*very* minimalistic version of the sort of markdown
used on many other wikis.

Anthony

¹ I'm told this is doable somehow on p9p, but I don't
how and can't confirm that.

² It'd be neat if someone would work out how to get the
plumber to handle /mnt/wiki paths (or some conventional
mapping thereof) so we could pass them around as
pseudo-hotlinks.