* [9fans] 9atom vs 9front
@ 2013-03-11 16:22 Kyle Laracey
                   ` (5 more replies)
From: Kyle Laracey @ 2013-03-11 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello

I've been trying for about two days to get the stock Plan9 from Bell
Labs to install with Networking under Virtual Box / QEMU, and by now
I have just given up. Maybe I will try again later.

I still want to use Plan9 though, and so I was wondering what the
difference between 9atom and 9Front are. They both seem to have more
hardware support, more software, but I can't really understand what
the differences between the two are.

Neither have a very extensive description on their homepages.

Thanks
Kyle

* [9fans] 9atom vs 9front
@ 2013-03-11 16:32 Kyle Laracey
From: Kyle Laracey @ 2013-03-11 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello

I've had difficulty installing the vanilla Plan9 from Bell Labs in
VirtualBox / QEMU, and now I am going to try one of the forks, 9atom
or 9Front, which both seem to have more hardware support / software.

However, the descriptions on their homepages are brief; could
someone please point out some of the differences between them /
strengths and weaknesses?

Thanks!  Kyle