* [9fans] silly question on ssh
@ 2003-04-15 14:35 ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2003-04-15 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have a linux box running several vmware images of plan 9.

One plan 9 image, running a term and login as glenda, can ssh to the linux
side no trouble. The other, a cpu/auth/kfs server with me logged in as
user bootes, used to work, but nowadays is getting 'client authentication
failed'.

tcpdump shows the client side (plan 9) closing the connection.

What's a good way to start debugging this kind of thing? My keyring is
empty. I'm not really sure where to start, and am ssh-impaired to boot.

Another silly question. Same box. I have a cpu node (real hardware) coming
up with 9load in flash. It is connected to eth0, 10.0.4.1. The vmware
network is vmnet8 @ 172.16.189.1 (vmnet8 as vmware says you have to use
NAT if you have wireless, which I do). I am also routing-impaired :-)

I have tested this cpu hardware downloading plan9 kernels via 9load and a
dhcp/tftp server in linux, and it works. Now I need to have it connect to
the auth server in vmware, and I would most prefer to have it suck the
kernel down from the auth server in vmware.

What I want is to rig things somehow so that the DHCP requests from the
hardware CPU node on the eth0 net (10.0.x.x) go to the vmware auth server
on vmnet8 (172.16.189.x).

I note that broadcasts are not making it from the 10.0.x.x net to the
172.16.189.x net.

OK, anyone know the magic formula to make this work? How many things am I
doing wrong-- countably or uncountably infinite?

ron