* [9fans] drawterm status
@ 2012-06-18 12:21 hiro
From: hiro @ 2012-06-18 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Just to give someone who searches for some specific drawterm patch some help:

Skip once made drawterm work on ARMv6
https://bitbucket.org/9nut/drawterm-arm-patch and I changed the use of
swp to ldrex/strex which enables it to work on my ARMv7.

Also, the latest win32 "cleanup" in Russ' repo did nothing but
completely break compilation for win32, and some really old patches
which were supposed to enable mousewheel support were apparently never
tested. I deleted a line and moved an other one around and now it
works. Also added pgup/pgdown and home/end keys.

This is not a fork. I don't even know how to use hg. Sadly I couldn't
reach Russ, so I just leave this here. It has the code for both trees
and a working drawterm.exe:
http://h1ro.dyndns.org/drawterm/

* Re: [9fans] drawterm on the nokia n900
@ 2012-06-21 17:27 ` Nicolas Bercher
From: Nicolas Bercher @ 2012-06-21 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Le 18/06/2012 14:21, hiro a écrit :
> Just to give someone who searches for some specific drawterm patch some help:
>
> Skip once made drawterm work on ARMv6
> https://bitbucket.org/9nut/drawterm-arm-patch and I changed the use of
> swp to ldrex/strex which enables it to work on my ARMv7.
>
> Also, the latest win32 "cleanup" in Russ' repo did nothing but
> completely break compilation for win32, and some really old patches
> which were supposed to enable mousewheel support were apparently never
> tested. I deleted a line and moved an other one around and now it
> works. Also added pgup/pgdown and home/end keys.
>
> This is not a fork. I don't even know how to use hg. Sadly I couldn't
> reach Russ, so I just leave this here. It has the code for both trees
> and a working drawterm.exe:
> http://h1ro.dyndns.org/drawterm/

Just an info: I run Debian Lenny armel drawterm on a Nokia n900*, it
runs very well except that it is not yet possible to use Rio without a
hack get button-2 and button-3 (actually, the touch screen does
button-1).  So I stick to console mode (termrc: don't run Rio if
/mnt/term/etc/hostname contains the name of the n900), better than
nothing.

I plan to implement the 3 buttons hack, but I didn't managed to find the
time yet.  By the way, if there are n900 users around here (Richard did
you buy a new one?), I'd really appreciate suggestions about the keys
you'd like to use as "mouse clic-modifers".

Nicolas

--
*the package doesn't install quite well (dependency problem?, I don't
rememeber), but it only contains drawterm so I copied it to ~/bin.

* Re: [9fans] drawterm on the nokia n900
@ 2012-06-21 18:32   ` Robert Raschke
From: Robert Raschke @ 2012-06-21 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I just retired my N900 as phone. So reviving it as drawterm would be cool.
But I've no idea when I could find some time to start playing.

Robby

@ 2012-06-21 19:24     ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2012-06-21 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

so you got a new iphone?

> *the package doesn't install quite well (dependency problem?, I don't
there is a .deb package for an ARM drawterm?

sent from my D-Bus

* Re: [9fans] drawterm on the nokia n900
@ 2012-06-21 23:08       ` Nicolas Bercher
From: Nicolas Bercher @ 2012-06-21 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On 21/06/2012 21:24, hiro wrote:
> so you got a new iphone?
>
>> *the package doesn't install quite well (dependency problem?, I don't
> there is a .deb package for an ARM drawterm?

Yep, and many other architectures as well:

   http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/drawterm

(I was wrong in my previous e-mail: drawterm, at the time of Debian
Lenny, was available only from the unstable branch.)

Nicolas

* Re: [9fans] drawterm on the nokia n900
@ 2012-06-22  9:47   ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2012-06-22  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> By the way, if there are n900 users around here (Richard did
> you buy a new one?)

No, I haven't replaced it.

When I did have the n900, I used plan9port software on it
rather than drawterm.  I think it was possible in that environment
to get extra "mouse" buttons using shift keys, but not chording.