From: erik quanstrom <quanstro@quanstro.net>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] Problems with igbe
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 07:25:57 -0500	[thread overview]

> Hi!
> Commenting out /sys/src/9/pc/etherigbe.c:1767 worked for me, at
> least, for a while. It was kind of obvious, so maybe my mail was
> kind of spam. But commenting it out is not all. #l is set up now,
> but /net/ether0/addr gives me now sth. like ffffffff, so maybe
> that's why i never get a connection to my dhcpd. I think that
> has sth. to do with some function which sets up/reads the mac
> address and isn't (correctly) implemented for my controller,
> but I don't know much about nic drivers.
>
> Best regards,
> Philipp

okay, the reason the eeprom checksum is wrong is that the data
coming from your card.  this is where the station address aka mac is stored.
and other important defaults. so either we're doing it wrong or it really is corrupt.

the first option is more attactive.  in at93c46r() there's a switch statement
on what type of ctlr you have.  try adding your controller type after
	case i82546eb:
perhaps igbe is using the wrong method.

- erik